RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 11:41 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi JPEE,

I need to learn to slow down when typing as I somehow accidently selected all then hit backspace and cleared out everything I just typed. Ugh!

First I wanted to congratulate you on getting your 600 back in the air after getting your new batteries in. So that's one down and one to go.

That was a crazy story of what you had to go through with the hobby store, glad your persistence paid off and you got what you ordered. Just out of curiosity is there somewhere else you can go if you ever need things again...maybe some place that is more customer friendly?

Glad you had a nice Father's Day and you got to see your daughters. Sorry one had to work and the other with that long drive, yikes! But it was worth it for everyone.

We also had a nice Father's Day. We actually had a nice entire week with my dad visiting. Got to drive out to Kennedy to see a SpaceX launch on Friday, then to Tampa the next day to visit the WWII cargo ship the Victory Ship. Then visited a history museum on Sunday. We also got to take the boats out in the evening to do some racing and my dad got to take one out too. It was a lot of fun for all.

We also have been having some hot afternoons - temps in the mid 90's. Plus no rain so the grass is suffering. I try to run the sprinklers in the middle of the night for a short time to try and give the yard a chance. Our rainy time of the year usually starts in July with afternoon storms almost everyday, so just have to hold on for a few more weeks, hopefully.

I have been trying to get out in the early morning hours to get some flights in. Bug spray is a necessity! Had the chance to take the Stinger jet out this past morning and had a few nice easy flights. Planning to take the 500 Thursday morning after work to do some practice circuits. I also did some testing with my XK110 last week.

Ah, my lovely XK110. Its got a Futaba Tx and although I have looked at many setup videos online I just can't get this thing to flip inverted. It's been very frustrating, not being able to practice inverted orientations. Its great with its tail hold and so practicing reverse is great - just need to figure out the inverted thing. So it occurred to me one day why not just start the thing off already inverted and see what happens.

So yep, I started it in idle up (holding it inverted) and let go and wow - had to jump on the controls as it was a squirrely mess! But it worked and I was able to do some inverted practice. It was some intense practice as it wanted to go everywhere. I got to brush up on my orientations really quick. And yes, I had to land inverted in the grass. Just folded the blades - no damage. So for the time being this is what I will do when I want to practice inverted with the XK110.

I'm sorry to hear about the hot and dry conditions your having in your area. I hope some rain relief is in the future for you all.

Mark