RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 scale
Thread: 1/10 scale
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 02:54 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 1/10 scale

I built my first 1/10 scale tank in 1976, Except for a few years after my mom passed when I put my models on the back burner for a while
I've been working with the scale ever since. I was nearly vilified at every turn even occasionally in these pages for wasting my time on 'such an odd scale'.
I stuck by my guns, so to speak, and went about my odd scale. I have as I write this some 50+ models, mostly tanks in the scale.

In the early years I rather felt like some sort of odd religious person crying out in the wilderness for this forlorn scale and I had given up any hope that
it would catch on at least in the US or outside of parts of Europe and Japan.

Now that I've also embraced 1/6 scale for reasons stated elsewhere I see 1/10 scale tank projects springing up everywhere like mushrooms.
It seems that there's been this strange 3D print powered revelation that 1/10 scale armor and other military models aren't such a bad thing after all.

All over Facebook, forums and the internet in general there's work being done. Perhaps 1/10 scale's time has come. 1/10 scale was just waiting for 3D
printers to arrive.

Who knew?

Whatever the reason I'm pleased to see it.

Jerry
The following users liked this post:
bowlman (06-22-2022)