RCU Forums - View Single Post - How did you learn to fly?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Skribnod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How did you learn to fly?

I learned on my own with a $150 complete airplane setup from a garage sale. I purchased it from some Amish (I think thats how you spell it) people. I never did figure out how they acquired it but it did fly Ok. It was a old 1990 eagle II arf with a futaba conquest radio. I had no previous experience just watched a video from a friend of a friend on the extra easy II. The first flight was a bit awkward and almost landed me in a cornfield a few times. That was on july 10th of this year. Since then I caught the "bug" and now I have graduated up to the Giles 202. The only problem I have is I cant stop buying the @#$ things even though I have only crashed 1 plane since july and have personally kept a log of over 110 flights. My flying buddy has not been so lucky since he is on his 5th trainer and has only logged 57 flights. I think Rc flying is just a matter of your talents and some people do need instructors while others do not .I would strongly suggest a instructor now that I look back at all the near misses I had during those first 20 flights or so.