RCU Forums - View Single Post - CK AERO Alchemy Pro Builder's Kit Foam Cores
Old 07-05-2022, 03:20 AM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

thank you so much Claude. I like it too. It may add a little weight, but I will never be an FAI pilot or even masters. For now, strictly SPortsman and maybe Intermediate soon.

Well, I was able to do some covering of the wings. Both stabs are covered but graphics have not been added.

Before I did the coverning, I decided to do the covering on my kitchen table. To protect the glass, I placed a piece of cardboard. I made all my cuts and covering over the cardboard.

Then, before I brought the wings and stabs into the house, I used an air compressor to remove as much balsa dust as possible,

Once I brought them Inside, i then obtained a tack cloth and began to rub it down.

this is the actual brand that I used.

Once you start to swipe the cloth over the balsa, you will be amazed on how much dust it picks up. Then, I get a new one, and repeat. I used a total of 4 wipes. On the last swiping, i icould not see dust on the tack cloth.

This is the prep for the wings. I like to cover the hinge lines, tips, and roots, then I glued on the ailerons.

Makes alignment of graphics to be easier. guarantees they line up (in my hands).

and so far, this is the top of one wing. This evening, i will do the other wings top to make sure it is identical to this one. Still may add more graphics to the top of the wings. I will ponder on this.

this was at 1st, but the white bleed thru the yellow, so i wanted to cover this.

adding the black, now there is no bleed thru.
The following 3 users liked this post by orthobird:
big_G (07-05-2022), Ricardo M. (07-05-2022), wattsup (07-05-2022)