RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rear plate gasket for OS46FX
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 11:30 AM
voyager_663rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear plate gasket for OS46FX

Out of hobby for a decade and still trying to get back in so I consider myself a newb once again.

My OS46fx got taken apart for a full anti-freeze cleaning in my crock pot. In removing the back plate, the gasket ripped but was still in one piece

Cleaned/dried and re-assembled with the torn gasket. New tubing, new 10% fuel, new #8 plug, glow fully charged but will not fire. Electric starter being used.

Fuel is flowing (even resorted to adding a few drops directly into carb) but no joy. A search here only suggested how to make your own gasket but nothing that I could find about excessive air getting in. It's about .002 mm thick but how relevant is that in trying to source gasket material? Suggestions I found are "folder stock paper" or "photo paper"; even cereal box paper may work. Gaskets for this glow are not available (as expected).

I don't want to take it apart again to make one and find out that's not the issue (although I suspect it is, is why I'm asking).

Question is: is that rear plate split gasket enough to prevent firing (ie too much air being let in)?