RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Powersafe receiver / AS3x module on large jets
Old 07-21-2022, 09:51 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

A lot of good points here. Having been on Futaba with absolutely no issues for over two decades now, this was big plunge for me to take especially as the IX20 / AR20400T will be going into a substantial jet in terms of size and $$ ... I am continuing to use my 18MZ on all the planes already set up for it, but it was time to start a refresh cycle on the radio gear for the fleet.

I did see there were issues with earlier powersafe receivers, and even some recalls. Now there were more recent issues also claimed and reported as well with a previous line of PowerSafe receivers too, however there are as many of not more reports of success. Its honestly hard to get a good consensus on anything on the internet. Anything bad always boils up to the surface first ... I know when I have an issue, I will be one to bring that up on a forum, group, etc before doing the same to sing the praises of every single thing that works flawlessly as expected..... The point was also raised how recently Horizon came out with new part #s and versions of these powersafe receivers as well.. If this is really the case where there were chip shortages that affected what may have been intended additional functionality, then it may stand to reason that they had to put out technical all new versions related to any reengineering that had to be done addressing component supply issues... ( hypothesizing here of course )

At this time i have had enough real world recommendations to the point where i am comfortable having taken this route ... I look for ward to hopefully only crashing models of my own cause and accord 😅

Going back to the gyro topic,... yea it it would have been nice if Spektrum had managed to get an integrated gyro into the AR20400T ... since it is not there, i found a few Cortex i had around, and a few extra cables is a mess i'm already used to 😉

good conversation and info here. thank you 👍

Voy