RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crickets....
Thread: Crickets....
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 11:32 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Okay guys, this is what I had when I got the boat. It was more for scale looks than anything else. It did work but it couldn't take a hit, which was what happened to it
And this is what I have now. Much more robust but talk about a pain to install due to the internal boat structure. I had to reroute the pushrod from its original location to the right by over an inch(can we say PITA) and then locate the screw holes and tap for the screws, only to find that the metal structure was too thin in some places to tap into or fell into a seam between plates. I ended up filling two of the screw holes with an epoxy/silica fiber mix to give them something to grab and, using the same epoxy mix, glued the bracket to the outside of the transom after removing some of the paint to give bare material to glue to. This was the step I was at when Astro arrived and where I had gone when I was nowhere to be found. I had gone home to get the epoxy and silica and to get some Dremel accessories to clean off the paint and a few other needed items

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 07-25-2022 at 11:43 AM.