RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crickets....
Thread: Crickets....
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 01:40 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Tailspin and Astro, I have something you guys might be interested in.
A few weeks ago, I had told some people about the Columbia Cup hydroplane races coming up this weekend. Two people said they wanted to go so, accordingly, I ordered four arm bands for park and pits access and two parking passes. You can probably guess what happened next. One was told she couldn't have the time off due to scheduling issues and the other claims he can't afford to go, having bills to pay. Obviously, the second parking pass and two bands are for the wife and I since I'm definitely going and the wife wants to visit a friend in Kennewick one evening
So, this leaves me with a parking pass and two armbands, if either of you would like them. Since I got them at a discount, all I ask is for my cost and not the $100 face value.
The bands get you access to:
  • the entire Columbia Park, including the pit area
  • all of the full sized and scale races
  • vintage heats of boats from the HARM which will include the 1974 Pay'N Pak, 1977 Atlas Van Lines, the brand new 1979 Squire Shop and the 1980 Miss Budweiser
  • an air show that has, in the past, included vintage and WWII aircraft, modern jets and demonstration teams
  • testing and qualification runs and the "Dash for Cash", a $10,000 three to five lap sprint, winner takes all
Sound interesting? If so, let me know and we'll work something out. If you want more information as to what's all going on, here's the website:
https://waterfollies.com/

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 07-26-2022 at 01:42 PM.