RCU Forums - View Single Post - BALSA USA: Stick 40, Having trouble with take offs.
Old 08-02-2022, 05:14 AM
gregoryshock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmeyers
As I remember it was a great plane for practice. Fly, touch and go, stall turns, a couple of cuban 8's, then taxis over look at the tank for remaining fuel and do it again. Easiest plane to fly until the tank is empty.
I crashed today again. More repair work. I hate this. I have been flying every summer since 1996, I've been flying more advanced models then this, and yet a trainer plane has been giving me the most trouble! As far as I can tell it still wants to torque right. Lowering the rudder throw felt like it was helping some. But once I got to full throttle, that thing decided it was going to torque right no matter what, and take off that way.

I lucked out on the first take off, and got it in the air. Once it was in the air, I had to adjust the elevator trim down. Then I adjusted the aileron a 2 clicks to the left. After that plane flew smooth and easy. I relaxed and did some loops and rolls. Then did some smooth fly byes, some fast and some slow. I stayed up in the air for 10 minutes, and then landed. The landing went good.

After landing, my Dad said, why don't you take off again, and come around. So I tried again. This time, the plane lifted off in a knife edge, and then I tried to even it out first with ailerons, and then added some rudder. I got the plane to come back the other way,and then it decided to go into the ground that way. There was nothing I could do to stop it.