RCU Forums - View Single Post - Re-Honing Piston Liner (Ringed)
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 11:02 PM
Eastflight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2W0EPI
If its sold on Ebay it's either new, used or parts for repair, I would simply sell as used but working engine, it is up to the buyer whether to buy or not and there are many buyers on Ebay. Next, used engines on Ebay fetch 40~50% of their new price, I've already done my homework.

If the engine runs, it is classified as working, irrespective whether its worn out or not.When you sell an used engine on Ebay the seller does not have to disclose whether it is worn out or not.It is simply sold as 'used'.These sales, of used engines, on Ebay are happening right now
I'm sorry but I have to politely disagree with you.
When you sell an engine on Ebay (other sites may differ) the buyer is assuming you are as honest as possible with the condition of the engine. For example 'well used but still has good compression' or ''for parts/repair'......Then you know what your getting!!!
If you don't do this then the buyer if not happy with their purchase will just return it to you for a Full Refund. Your credibility would be tarnished and you've gained nothing from the process.
Some engines are just not worth running into the ground and selling-on (Force 46 is one example because they are readily available at a competitive price. Your better off buying the parts for them or save some life in it then sell as a 'used but good condition engine'.
I don't think I've seen a used Force 46 on Ebay (if there was one then I missed it). However, an OS46AX for example is a popular motor and you'll see them for about 40-60% of the new value (good working order).
Manufactures make it expensive to buy certain components. Otherwise they won't sell their new stuff. It's a economics thing.
Buy an engine you like and does the job and it will last you for years and years if maintained correctly.
If your your lucky you'll probably sell it in later years for the same price you bought it - because it might be sort after (eg; Saito, K&B, Irvine 53, etc).
Food for thought, not a dig at you !!

Last edited by Eastflight; 08-10-2022 at 11:06 PM.