RCU Forums - View Single Post - Re-Honing Piston Liner (Ringed)
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 02:10 AM
Eastflight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2W0EPI
The seller can choose between returns or no returns accepted.If the engine was sold used and runs and no returns accepted then the buyer does not have any recourse.

I just want to point out I myself have burnt my fingers on Ebay many times.I would never buy a used engine on Ebay, no way.
Very grey area when selling on Ebay
Ebay will normally side with the Buyer (14 days distance buying policy) regardless of the disclaimer you put on the description.
If its NOT exactly as you described and buyer finds that the description does not fit the bill, 9/10 times you will have to do a refund. This is normal when buying on-line. Its a protection for the consumer because they cannot physically 'see before buy'.
On the other hand if you sell on Face Book Market Place then usually the sale is done locally and the buyer is able to pay on collection. That's a different policy rule all together!
Ebay feedback is a good indication that the item is worthy of buying. Feedback of 96% or less is generally 'Stay Away'. However IMO, 98.5-100% is pretty safe to buy from.