RCU Forums - View Single Post - Re-Honing Piston Liner (Ringed)
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 03:17 AM
1967brutus

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 2W0EPI
If its sold on Ebay it's either new, used or parts for repair, I would simply sell as used but working engine, it is up to the buyer whether to buy or not and there are many buyers on Ebay. Next, used engines on Ebay fetch 40~50% of their new price, I've already done my homework.

If the engine runs, it is classified as working, irrespective whether its worn out or not.When you sell an used engine on Ebay the seller does not have to disclose whether it is worn out or not.It is simply sold as 'used'.These sales, of used engines, on Ebay are happening right now
Well, be that as it may... when you're selling via e-bay, the buyer has no chance to inspect the engine or see it run before the deal is done. That is quite a difference with someone buying the item directly from you.
Abeit within the rules, it is an utter misrepresentation of the real condition of the engine and that kind of business will get you a lot of negative feedback. And rightfully so.
Doesn't matter if it is happening right now (I know it is and that is why I stopped buying from e-bay a long time ago), it does not change the fact that you are bluntly telling everyone here that you are an untrustworthy seller. That is up to you of course, but I have an opinion on that, that you probably can guess right now.

No respect at all for that attitude...