RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale Bell/Belt CP by E-Sky.
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 02:12 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Scale Bell/Belt CP by E-Sky.

Few years back I got a hand on this partially damaded model after a minor crash by the owner on his first atempt to fly it! After replacing the stripped main gear soon after I have never bothered to finish it off as there was minor damage to the flimsy plastic fuselage boom and never liked the stock radio, so it was sitting on the shelf .
Only pulled it out yesterday and decided to get it going.
Firstly, I have hooked it up on its stock TX/RX, but having problem with the gyro, going beserk even on the bench while static testing. After fitting in the basic 101 piezzo I had a little hover but the model was getting out of hand in no time and with the stock radio I couldn't do anything to reduce the Swash travel! Bugger that!
Hooked up on my old helicopter dedicated SPCM radio, reset the travel to minimum and had another go, but still finding the model extremely responsive and easilly getting out of hand despite I have a good helicopter flying experience. Absolutely horrible handle!
I'm going to spend more time on it as I'm not sure about the RPM, seem to be pretty high, next run I'll increase

Crap of the radio, front.

Now running on good old SPCM so I can play up with the SP.
some pitch mechanically, also mix in some revo up&down mix as the power inputs were creating some issue.
After looking at some other posts on this subject I can see thousands of posts, lot of talking but not a single, even short footage of the model in actual action.
Is anyone actually flying this model these days?

Last edited by Joseph Frost; 08-15-2022 at 02:23 AM.