RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 06:37 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2 Sep

Just one of the 'push ahead' days as small mistakes caused a lot more work to make it right. Leading edges done on wings, access hatches to be finished and some center section work dry fitted. Got satellite radios installed and bound to the Elite.

Leading edge matchup with center section. Needs access hatches cut in.

Better view of leading edge

Leading edge and hatches installed but hatches not screwed in. I am considering another hatch at the wing root for access to the connectors.

Center section leading edge dry laid up.

Dry install of front skin on center section. Will leave center section in the middle open for access to fuselage for air lines and servo leads.

Satellite receivers installed and bound to the Elite radio, should not have a problem with reception. I think on the next build I will use Xbus rather than the two radios and PWM. Problem I see is the wire size to handle the multiple servos current draw to the receiver. If you go to digital servos, you can draw 4-5 amps per servo causing a 50 amp or more flow through the receiver. I need to find out which receiver handles that amount of current. Xbus costs need to be compared as well. Took a quick look at Xbus and I see that the servos are powered by a power hub from a separate battery. This is the same concept as the Smart Fly board but uses just the Xbus slot where the Smart Fly board uses all the receiver slots.

Last edited by rossmick; 09-02-2022 at 07:24 PM.