RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 05:34 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 24 Sep

Weather got nice and wind quit blowing so it was time to take the new radio hook it up to some planes and go fly. Found the Elite does not bind to some of the older JR receivers but managed most of the new ones. Took some time off from the B-25 and worked on the other planes to update them and get them back in flying condition. Amazing what you can find in planes that haven't flow in some cases years. biggest issue was dead or faulty batteries. I decided to use the Elite for all my gas-powered planes and the 28X for all the electrics. As you cannot copy form the 28X to the Elite radio, so each plane has to be re-entered. Found that most settings had to be reversed to get the correct throws. No switch on the stick on the Elite so had to use the side slider switch to turn on the ignition. Also, the two-position switch on the back left is now momentary contact switch so a new gear switch had to be selected on the Elite. Here are the planes converted so far and some center section work on the B-25. Also installed a tool cabinet in the trailer which has been a nice addition. Great to be flying again.

First converted to the Elite was my test bed Stik with a twin 40. The other Stik is an electric, both fly great. However, the gas Stick is much heavier and is a good practice for the war birds.

This little plane was actually given to me, and I converted it a 20-cc gas, again flies very well.

Decathlon has not flown for several years and the batteries which I left in it were destroyed. Looking forward to flying it, but it is a real hand full keeping it straight on takeoff. Hope to fly it next week.

Changed batteries and added aux receiver and cleaned up some wiring.

Hard to get off the ground but flies very well.

My converted Carbon Z T-28 has two bad aileron servos. This is a scale verion of the Air Force used as a fighter, it has alum skin, panel lines and rivets. It was a lot of work to convert.

I had to cut out my alum covering to re-rout the wiring.

Installed a tool chest and it has been a great addition.

Back to the B-25. Center section skinning on the nacelles and top ridge added for air scoop.

Photos tomorrow on the ridge line as it is on the top of the center section nacelles.