RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electronic solutions to modifying glow engines of all sizes to gasoline
Old 09-27-2022, 02:15 PM
Glowgeek

Received 63 Likes on 63 Posts

I started to do pressure testing the 220 with check valves this morning but took them back out in one last attempt to get the engine running right with muffler pressure only. 3 hours of adjusting and readjusting the needles and fuel curve until I got the flattest fuel curve possible and.........although not as bad as before, same thing, with the fuel ch tied to the throttle channel output; coughing out on throttle up. The best transition was with the mixture set rich enough to drop some rpm i.e. too rich. There is no way the engine will transition consistanly with the curve points set any leaner. Still, a 2 second throttle slowdown is required to keep the engine from lean coughing on transition and it will still cough out if the rpm is left in one place long enough for the tank pressure to equalize (drop). This is why I want more tank pressure,to make the solenoid deliver fuel with more authority when opened. I can see now why Chris's pump works so well, not that I'm going there.

So I'm back where I started, no surprise really. I just wanted to catch up on the project because I've been away from it too long. I will try the fuel channel tied to the throttle stick next, leading the throttle opening slightly with fuel delivery.

Last edited by Glowgeek; 09-27-2022 at 02:28 PM.