RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 08:32 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 02 Oct

Worked with Easy Sand (puddy). The original container of the puddy had lost its more liquid state and was more like a very thick paste. I decided to use the old with some of the new to loosen it up to do the rough layup. I used a small 1-1.5-inch puddle to mix to keep from losing the batch. This worked pretty well, but the mixture setup very quickly I think due to the mixing of the old and the new. I used very little hardener, because if I did not, I had that batch setup before I could get it all applied to the plane. Next, sanded and removed the air scoops and added additional reinforcement to the bolt down strip. I will clean up the scoops later. Then I beveled the edge of the firewalls so that there would a more open path for the air flow to the back of the cowl.

After Easy Sand (puddy) sanded, I used Bondo filler to get the low spots. This is more an experiment to see how to work with the puddy.

Roughing in the flare of the right ridge line.

Roughing in the flare of the left ridge line.

Will fill in the hatch door as I did on the right side. This hatch fit very well so there should not be too much filler to use here.

Beveled edges on the firewalls, to improve air flow.

First phase at reinforcing the hold down strip to the scoop. I'll clean this up later.

Last edited by rossmick; 10-02-2022 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Corrections