RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Programmer win11 "core isolation" Issues
Old 10-06-2022, 12:32 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the information. I only have one computer (out of three) in my home office running Windows 11. Main one used Win10, another Win7.

Microsoft, in cooperation with some software developers, love to kill other software on your system during updates. The key here is not allow Microsoft to automatically update any version of Windows. System settings allows you to be notified of pending updates so you can set a Restore Point prior to updating, thus allowing a roll back if updates muck up some of your software. I have done this several times until finding a work around as you did. By the way, the Spektrum Programmer runs flawlessly on the Win7 machine.

Best example of this 'cooperation' is when using Adobe Products. I have used Adobe's Graphics Suites for years during my Desktop Publishing business. To maintain productivity as new versions became available every couple of years, purchasing the next suite version entailed spending $600 and up every time for a packaged licensed version.

Then Adobe changes to online subscriptions, no more packaged software. So, after spending $1200 on the last packaged version several years ago, Windows updates has periodically rendered some parts of the suite totally inoperable. Yep, now you have to go the subscription route to use it online.

So, set Windows update notifications to give time to set a Restore Point prior to updating. Save the headache of software being rendered obsolete.

I will apply your solution to my Win11 machine.