RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 03:21 AM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 1200SportsterRider
I am not prone to knee jerk reactions, so I'll buy whatever I need from whoever has it. I really wish that WildCat was still in business. I am down to 2.5 gallons of Wildcat 2/4 and one gallon of S&W 15/17, both full syn.
Neither am I . It has never been a "knee-jerk" reaction. It is a contemplated decision.
We have reasons for our preferences.
I have made rings for engines where new rings were no longer available. No reason nor need to buy them from anybody. It had bern convenient, but now the prices outweigh any convenience.
When I needed a carb but could not afford to buy one in 1978 for my Fox 35, I made an exact copy of the Enya carb. It worked as good as any Enya.
Saito mufflers now cost more than many car muuflers, been making them too, or just get a used one.

Fuel? There were plenty of fuel makers fifty years ago. It wasn't a knee-jerk reaction decades ago to mix my own. The components of that fuel over the years have evolved. They were always chosen based on experiences and observation. Never a knee-jerk issue.
Need a special puller? Making one is a good option over buying a universal version.

I like the element of independance. It often gives us options. As opposed to the common, consumer, knee-jerk buying ready to use.

Last edited by Jesse Open; 10-13-2022 at 03:32 AM.