RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF REBEL 2m
Thread: CARF REBEL 2m
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 06:48 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Mine is done. Did six flights last week. On the maiden flight, put in two clicks of Aile, and then it was flying fine. Took a couple landing passes to get used to the K-140's residual thrust. But, made 6 good landings, greasing the last 4. When the crosswind whipped up, turned on the Mercury's gyro (20% on all surfaces) and the Rebel was locked right in. During setup, I used the Xicoy scale to balance the plane, and the Rebel was right on the money with the OEM's recommended CG setting. Probably time to peddle the E-Z Balancer? Got to do something with the fin though. It needs some sort of graphic.

I agree with Dave. Throttle management is a great idea, and some folks never get that. I flew at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle almost all the time on these 6 flights. During the last flight, I did hammer it a couple times to see what it does on verticals. I could get a lot more time than the 8 minutes I had on the timer. It was consistently landing with 1/2 to 1/3 of the fuel remaining. Looks like the K-140 is a fuel sipper, the way I fly it. But we all do have to remember the last couple inches of fuel in the bottom goes a lot faster.

The Rebel is about 10 pounds lighter than my T-One. Given that I fly alone a lot, I like that! May have just found a new "go to jet."