RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electronic solutions to modifying glow engines of all sizes to gasoline
Old 10-23-2022, 06:27 PM
Cat 1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
Chris, what if the pump were programmable with a curve, like the solenoid, while tracking rpm? I wonder how it would run, without the fueling solenoid.
Lonnie, first impressions of this system are that its very "powerful" in regards to changing the mixture of the engine - I think it might be effective at "curving" a mechanically adjusted (two needle) carb to allow for gas burning without the solenoid but this will have to be tested - one would probably have to "push" a little harder at idle and use the needle to lean it back out so as to have some headroom for leaning the midrange. I did get that OS 37 heli engine and I might try that on gas with no solenoid and no carb mod and simply play with tank pressure modulation. I didn't think it would work prior to today but todays testing showed just how adjustable the system is. now I have the hardware working it would be easy to re-code the control to just read a receiver signal and curve it like the solenoid.

Control on the pressure is very good albeit a bit slow - but with electronic control and mixing we can slow the throttle to wait for the pressure change. I think it might just be another element usable in certain systems. The engine does seem to run smoother using this pressure - I'm assuming its because the pressure is constant and not reliant on what the engine is doing.

I think we can really call it fuel injection now also as when you use the Prime function, Its capable of pushing lots of fuel in. My next plan is to jet back down and let the pump push more pressure to see how that works.