RCU Forums - View Single Post - Safety Metrics & AC91-57C
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 06:59 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

For those not familiar with how AMA clubs function, most put out a monthly newsletter typically online for a couple decades now. Within this newsletter is usually reports for various club officers including the safety officer. If there had been an injury or close call within the previous month it would have been reported in the news letter. I will use the SCCMAS club as an example. There was an incident where a club member had his hand mangled by a prop. The incident was brought to light in the next news letter with tips for preventing such an occurrence. I myself had a lockout which resulted in a 40% Extra gliding over interstate 101 and impacting on a hill beyond the freeway. That too was mentioned in the newsletter. If one were to scour clubs archives of news letters you would find other examples. Then of course there are those incidents that result in a claim filed with the AMA’s insurance carrier such as the fire that was started in an adjacent field to the Sacramento Area Modelers. So in reality there have been incident reports being made. Maybe not to the level that some think they should. That could very well be the “‘ we’re pretty smart “ comment, as to a certain degree what Franklin was suggesting was already being done.