RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flying the JMP Firebird again!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 02:51 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Hey Bill
I haven't flown anything in the last 2 years. Work has been insanely busy and this past year I was planning for our fall event but I had some serious personal issues arise and being away at an event just simply wasn't a smart choice for me at the time. I still have all my stuff, my firebird has the Olympus HP in it (my kingcat also has an Olympus HP from Hans that he had in his firebird originally), they are big and heavy but I have 100% faith in my amts. The last time I flew my firebird I had a flame out do to my lips ecu pack completely crapping itself. I was north of 300mph though so had more than enough speed to bring it around and land with minimal damage (one gear door).
hopefully next year I'll get out and do some flying. The tough part is the firebird friendly field is 3 hours away and we have to plan well in advance as it's a full scale active airport.
Life does that to us all at some point.....my last 18 months were dedicated to taking care of my 97+ year old Mom, along with one of my sisters. It was truly a fantastic time, even though challenging, as we grew closer with our mother then we'd ever been. She went home to be with The Lord at the end of October, and though I miss her terribly, I know that she's in Heaven singing His praises!