RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electronic solutions to modifying glow engines of all sizes to gasoline
Old 11-16-2022, 06:16 PM
Cat 1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cmulder
would that pump surfive pumping fuel ? then you would have a much more direct flow controll compaired to compressing a gas.
power it trough a small brushed esc for example.
The pump has a silicone seal/diagram - Would not like gasoline - But as Bert pointed out I think it would deliver too much.

Originally Posted by 1967brutus
Order of magnitude of 0,04~0,05 mm
Thanks about right.. Remember the faster they go there clearance they like - I have a great article somewhere on modding the OS rod ends to survive IC ducted fan use - I will try to dig it up - Had an K&B .48 fan engine that I sent back because I thought they mis machined the Rod - very loose - Got it back with a nice note that the lower rod clearance was to spec and it had to be that way to survive- It ran well and lasted long - Sounded terrible turning it over though.

Originally Posted by Raleighcopter
Seems like a job for the 3d printer.
IT IS!!! IT IS!!!!!

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
Where I would be more inclined to just make sure the throttle arm was visible in the vid.
Lonnie - Your no fun!!! Got to waste a few hours on design and then stand there watching it print too really feel like you achieved something!!!