RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electronic solutions to modifying glow engines of all sizes to gasoline
Old 11-24-2022, 10:02 AM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat 1
Now what we need is some air time to prove this system out, and unfortunately Old Man winter has found us here - I do try and get out and fly (on ski's) a bit during the winter but its not conducive to experimental work.. more like a survival contest trying to keep digits from freezing. I have to turn my attention to some shop time and get some airframes ready for next spring - Want to have the Boxer and the OS.37 ready on well matched airframes next season. I really find this conversion stuff addicting though and if I wander into the shop with nothing planned I end up tinkering with it most times.

I had a chance to reflect a bit as a fellow modeller was in the shop a while back and I was explaining the system to Him and demonstrating it - He is a well rounded modeler with a very good mechanical sense and he was amazed at the system and how well it operated. Its easy to get caught up in it and not realize how good it has become thanks to the "Spark" (pun intended ) provided by a few and the cooperation and sharing of ideas here.
Its definitely a neat idea, and can appreciate all the collating minds at work here as well... reminds me of a image I found of a small efi system that was developed for UAV's, everything fits in the size of a pack of cigarettes, started out the size of a shoe box... its just a matter of developing the technology, and refining it... this project is no different really, just not as complicated, yet anyways.

65mm x 22mm x 34mm