RCU Forums - View Single Post - Propel HPR. Does it make fore a better fuel?
Old 11-24-2022, 03:27 PM
wheelerdan1324

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply and the info.
I totally agree with the comment about castor. To break in I normally use the 1/1/1 mix. I may not be as energetic but it is safe on new motors. The jury is out for me on how much castor should be used in run in engines. I think all of mine are ball bearing engines, so 20% is about where I stay. But the point is castor is the way to go. nothing else.

Glad to hear about the testing with the different "kerosenes" Save me the bother of getting some jet fuel.

I have not used Amsoil cetane-stuff. Have instead been using commercial Power Service. I have no idea how much actual improver is within. Q: if Amsoil is 90 % effective, do you simply add a bit more to get the same affect?

A year ago I met the person who supplied DDD. I was able to buy his remaining reserve of fuel. Think it amounted to 6 gallons. It is stored in metal can inside double baggies, so believe it is safe. If it goes "off" I can always add ether from the JD cans.

Some time ago I started a thread asking about interest in people supporting [someone] as a new supplier of model diesel fuel. Interest was low. Most people sited cost. Truth be known I wonder how many people actually fly their diesels. I do. But I suspect most are flown on the bench. So home brew is ideal.

Thanks.