RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rochobby Willys Jeep, 1/6 scale RC
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 02:55 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

First, tankhobby, said in a friendly way, you make me sick!! Or is that jealous? Somethin'. An armortek has been my dream for a very, very long time but realistically, I'll never be able to afford one. But I've got a pretty cool Credit Union that is constantly trying to loan me money so you never know. If I ever do get that lucky, Master Sergeant Mike will definitely be my Guru when it comes to armortek.

Anyway, since my jeep is going to be a desert Raider I'm going to use tester's model Master enamel in armor sand. I've still got three bottles that haven't gone bad and that should be plenty. I've used that on a lot of tanks and it's a very very good match for the real thing. I'll apply it with an Iwata hphc airbrush, the greatest airbrush ever, IMHO. I just hope the pieces in the kit are somewhat close in scale to the ROC jeep. I won't be using the windshield so that will go in the spares box, and then the plan is to Simply follow the kit directions to try and install the Kit pieces to the ROC Jeep. Then I'll weather the crap out of it. I usually like my models to be close to factory fresh, but this will definitely be an exception.

I've got almost all my 1/6 scale stuff set up downstairs so that I can get a video, partly just to have a record of where I'm at at this point in time, partly to answer a couple of questions for a friend, and partly just to show off. I'll probably post it here, but I wasn't planning on starting a whole new thread for it. Like I said, it's mainly just to get a record of where I'm at at the end of 2022. And no, the hetzer will not be in the video because that thing weighs over 120 lb and I am not carrying it down those stairs.