RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rochobby Willys Jeep, 1/6 scale RC
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 03:30 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Aww, it'd probably be a job to print the sizes of letters ('Junkyard Dog') for this Sherman so I'm going to check with that English company later. They make a lot of masks for 1/48-up models so they're used to it.

I've been looking at those CNC machine videos on the Armortek site making those Pershing suspension parts and manufacturing'em out of chunks of aluminum sure takes a lot.

It takes me all summer (about 7+ months) to build a tank so I'll post pictures on here occasionally as it goes along. I built that Sherman behind the Jeep last summer and haven't weathered it yet. I took a lot of pictures but didn't post'em anywhere cause 'seen one build, you've seen'em all'. I'm a 'Modeler', not an 'Assembler' so it takes me a long time (that and I'm 66 so slower...)

I'll spray some of that 34087 and see what it looks like in the sun. I like the brownish hue but will decide IF it'd look good on the Pershing. Takes about two of those big cans to paint a tank.

Hey Gary! All December Armortek is having a Sale on their Hertzer kits, 10% off, and with the Pound down right now...

Mike