RCU Forums - View Single Post - "3D Waiver"?
Thread: "3D Waiver"?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How about a "3D Waiver"?

ORIGINAL: CAPtain232

J_R

Are you telling me that you do not know that to be an AMA sanctioned/certified/regulated, or what ever you want to call it, field there are guidelines/regulations or what ever you want to call them, that states MINIMUM dimensions for the field, pilot station, pit area and spectator area? It has been a while since I have viewed the information myself, but that was one of the first things I remember looking over.

For some reason, it sounds to me like you are on the side of the AMA......do you have some connection other than being a member
CAptain232,

Each of those "regulations" you mention are SUGGESTIONS and RECOMMENDATIONS rather than requirements. Please do not misread what is presented as it can get confusing. There are many Chartered AMA Clubs flying from flying fields that DO NOT MEET those suggestions or recommendations and there is no way the AMA would withdraw support from them.

The ONLY requirements to be an Chartered AMA Club field AND have the site insured by and additional rider naming the owner as the insured are contained in the club recharter kit. However, they do NOT involve site size, shape, or other physical requirements. They DO require your club to be some distance from another or have a frequency sharing plan in place and the do require you to limit flying to AMA members only.