RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rochobby Willys Jeep, 1/6 scale RC
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 02:40 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I definitely agree about the height of the seats and the windshield. You should see it with the top on, the drivers head presses against the top from the inside and puts a little hump in the top that's quite noticeable. I just might try to lower the seats and see if that helps. Fortunately, the SAS Jeep doesn't have a windshield so I don't have to worry about that. The other thing I really don't like is the crate that's molded in. They had to do that to accommodate the suspension but I think they should have just used leaf springs to begin with and then they wouldn't have that problem. Not to mention that it would be much more accurate that way.

Something interesting happened this morning, I've ordered a lot of things from Australia in the past but this is the first time I've ever gotten an email from Australia Post telling me that my package with the SAS kit has arrived in the United States and is currently going through customs. I don't know if that's new, but I like it. For what it's worth I always follow the tracking and pay attention to where my package currently is, but that doesn't always work because the tracking from USPS doesn't always tell you the truth. I once ordered an item from Arizona and then watched tracking as they said it went from Arizona to Utah to Illinois to Ohio to Michigan. Tracking said the item was in Royal Oak but after about 5 days I called the post office to find out what was going on and it turns out that the package was actually still in Arizona. What I was seeing when I looked at tracking was what the woman called, "system generated updates". In other words, the computer was telling me where it thought the package was supposed to be at that time, not where it actually was. But, as long as you know stuff like that tracking can be a pretty valuable tool. I recently had an item go astray and the vendor had never sent me a tracking number so I didn't know that it had gone astray until I sent them a message asking why I didn't have my package yet. They sent me back a screenshot from tracking that said it had been delivered 2 weeks ago. Turns out the vendor put the wrong address on the label and we're still trying to track that package down. If they had sent me a tracking number I would have been paying attention and would have noticed when it said delivered and got right on it. I have no idea if the two week delay in reporting the package missing is going to hurt me, but I'm pretty sure it didn't help.

Last edited by Crius; 12-13-2022 at 02:44 AM.