RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cross Country Move
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 03:05 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Cross Country Move

I’m, hopefully, close to the end of my cross country move. I’ve moved a lot of people, including myself, over the years. But, I admit this move, my last, has been the most horrible. Mainly due to 30 years collecting shop equipment, hobby and assorted other things. The logistics has been a nightmare figuring out what to take and in what order. My tractor is the last big piece to move.

Moving my model airplane was a concern. I finally came up with a good solution for me. Thought I’d share in case it may help others. I wrapped all my airplanes in cardboard, except the Coroplast SPAD. Then I stretched lines across the top of my cargo trailer. I tied all the airplanes to these lines and hoped for the best. Our roads are really bad with lots of pot holes and bumps. Fortunately my airplanes made the trip with 2, easy to fix, casualties. A foamy, tail bent over, and my Ugly Stik,rudder folder over, were the casualties. Once I finish the move setting up shop will be next.

Other airplanes I have I will remove the equipment and destroy the airframes. Sad day for that.