RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alm Meca Turbines
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 01:42 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ALM-MECA
Hello Guy’s !

Let me introduce myself, my name is Laurent SCHAAL, 51 years old, owner and manager by ALM-Méca, and now the new French Turbines manufacture ! 45 years of experience in aeromodelling and 20 years in turbines have allowed me to reach this stage ! My design philosophy was simple, back to simplicity and efficiency !

First of all I would like to thank you Peter for his support, investment to introduce and improve our new product on the market in U$!

ALM-Méca is an innovative machining company with a reputation in many industries (Valves, transmission, hydraulic, mining, forging, machining sectors, etc…). Our expertise in precision mechanics is supported by our high-tech machinery. We manufacture customised mechanical parts and plans for well-oiled orders. To see our capacity and capability, I invit you to visit our new website : www.alm-meca.com

ALM Méca always aims for excellence. My predilection and passion for aeronautics encourage me to push us to our limits. With boldness and passion, ALM-Méca designs turbines machined from mass-produced parts that have never been seen before in France.

We are focusing now and introducing our new 18 and 21kgs thrust turbine which are well-criticized ! But are the « reviews » generally positive ? Unfortunately many people talk about turbines without knowing what's inside but just repeating "we told me, we say...”, that's why I'm here today, and for having used a large number of turbines from all of my competitors today I can say I know what I'm talking about! ALM-Méca became (like it or not), the FIRST micro-turbine manufacturer in France and will compete worldwide.

Just for the record and information, the inventor of these machines is French !

You can never please everyone, but one thing is sure, difficult to buy a "Ferrari at the price of a 2CV".

I could say so much about the turbines on the market but that is not my goal and I’m not like some, let yourself be surprised by the quality of our products and their performance.

ALM-Méca is new in the market and she will do the difference and step by step earn business for sure.

However woHoe are not looking for money, but just introduce Turbines with real power, relability and efficiency !

Let’s get into the « subject » what is our difference ???

- All parts are fulled machined from full material (no press piece, no welding construction, etc..)

- Special housing with full machined brackets, very strong mounting, which could be upgraded without end (not a mounting flange more than 20 years old… !)

- Special housing with special bracket for Glider

- Tunnel is made of steel and not aluminium, which is more stronger but a little bit heavier, that’s why, we balanced with 3D printing prototype parts to save weight.

- Combustion chamber is made of inconel 0.5 thick and completely manually welded to guarantee quality

- We are the only one who lock the compressor and the turbine wheel, this guarantess stability over time

- We have intergrated German ceramic ball bearings which resist up to 550°c

- You can customize your turbine (color, length wire, etc)

- No UAT necessary

- Less comsumption

- Less residual thrust

- Maintenance cost is fix

- Lifetime warranty

- ECU Box

- The Stick can be changed in 3 minutes, not necessary to disassemble and new balancing the turbine

- Only 3 O-rings necessary to seal the entire turbine !

Next step :

- Online shop, usually next week on line !

- 3D Design will be updated

- Full alu Turbine will be available Q1/2023

- 10/12 and 35/40kg thrust turbines are already in the pipe Q3/Q4-2023

- Our OWN brand FRENCH new ECU is ALREADY in development and test and will be available Q2/2023.

- Telemetry JETI / PB available Q3-Q4/2023

- ECU box new 3D version and full alu machined

I will thank you for your time, your trust and hope to see you soon in this new community the « French Touch » !

I remain at your disposal and of course Peter for any further question you may need or request.

In the meantime, I wish you and your family a happy Christmas time !
Stay healthy !
Kind regards from France !
Laurent SCHAAL
Hello Laurent, my sincere thanks for joining the conversation. It is my hope sir that you might bring some straight forward clarity.

Because competition only benefits our hobby when innovations beget further innovations, I would like to ask for further information regarding a couple of advertising point made by your USA Rep and/or yourself.

The first point is that no UAT is required *with use of a proper felt clunk*

As a long-time hobbyist yourself, you are undoubtedly aware that our fellow hobbyists, while flying a variety of engines, have reported for at least 15 years a lack of need for UAT when using felt and/or pleated filter clunks.

In spite of those reported experiences, your competitors’ engines (which are typically thought of as reliable and/or at the leading edge of the hobby’s technological standards) do not (to the extent that I am aware, at least, I could be wrong) make such a claim.

Therefore, if your new offering incorporates/includes either a unique and innovative felt clunk unavailable elsewhere and/or a unique and innovative engine technology which other manufacturers do not use, you could, in turn have a substantive competitive edge via a legitimate claim to a level of safety or reliability which others do not or can not match.

Based upon your advertising point which seemingly seeks to differentiate your engines from your competition, an informed marketplace thus begs the question as to whether your engines do in fact incorporate either unique felt clunks and/or some internal innovation unique to your brand? If such is the case then please to share to the maximum extent possible the nature of the innovation(s) alluded to. I assume that a proprietary internal innovation of such genuine benefit would undoubtedly already be patented (or at least patent-pending) by this point, yes?

Regrettably, no mention of any such innovation was apparently provided to Colin Strauss when he tested the engine your provided for his comprehensive review in RCJI, so please view my query as an opportunity to remedy a missed opportunity and set the record straight.

Additionally, your USA Rep has previously made the astonishing (and market-leading, by a wide margin) claim of a two-second acceleration time, which in fact is less than than half of the acceleration time recorded for the engine you provided to Colin and RCJI. When that discrepancy was highlighted in this thread, it was then belatedly claimed by your USA Rep that the original two-second time was correct when originally stated but that ALM-M had later slowed the acceleration time to a newly claimed 3.5 second time.

Because acceleration times are such an important advertising point and heavily weighted component when making such a turbine purchase, I have several questions on this topic please:

1) Did ALM-M deliberately increase an astonishing and market-leading acceleration time by 75% from 2 seconds to 3.5 seconds?
2) If so, why?
3) Is the USA Rep’s newly claimed 3.5 acceleration time accurate?
4) If so, why the disparity between that manufacturer spec vs the spec as tested?

Thank you for your clarifications sir.