RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 07:22 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ledd4u
Why are there so many issues with this system?
Electric brake systems are complex. However, overall, they are by far superior to air systems. I have had several of both types. You don't have to grease electric brakes, you do not have to worry about air leaks causing your gear to fail, causing a crash, and electrics are extremely reliable. The LGC15 even gives you brake steering and ABS, which allows the adjustments necessary to stop brake lockups that result in brake dancing and/or excessive tire wear or even worse, wheel/tire separation! The LGC15 also allows the controller to keep the plane on course even when the brakes do not have even contact with the runway or the brake mechanics do not apply braking evenly! When you have a lighter plane, the LGC15 allows you to just push up the slider fully and the controller stops the plane w/o dancing around and in the shortest possible distance, CONSISTENTLY. Tires last longer and they do not get flat spots. The landing is completely controlled w/o any input other than just turning on the brakes, ...once.

However, electric brakes do take some understanding of the controller's programming and even the best controller cannot compensate for failing brakes of any kind (i.e. the brakes have to work too.) Once you understand the necessary programming, the LGC15 is a snap to setup. You can even use an SD card to swap programs between planes and then make just minor adjustments to accommodate the specific plane's peculiarities.

I'll never go back to air powered gear and the LGC15 is the answer to making electric brakes work correctly!
The following users liked this post:
Agrav8ed (12-29-2022)