RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build time / repair time to combat time ratio
Old 01-10-2023, 05:08 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nmldr
Just some food for thought...if you're looking for more survivable RC combat I would recommend the newer E-1000 class that is explained on the RCCA (RC combat association) website
Just limited to a 1000mAh battery pack. I've been flying a modified version of Mike Fredrik's Arrow from years ago that was designed originally for .061 glow engines you describe. Heath Bartell who writes the RC combat column for Model Aviation also sells a very good 3D printed kit for the E-1000 class as well (Search for HB1 RC combat)
E-1000 has been growing in popularity in my neck of the woods & the survivability of current designs along with the speed of the builds makes it fairly attractive. The innovation in designs has been fun to see through the years and the performance of these little planes is remarkable. I've been flying 4 of them for the past several years and finally toasted a wing that needs replacement at my last contest.
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876, North Central District Rep
AMA # 273119
nmdlr.....Thanks for the info...!!
I imagine small and light "1/2A Electric Planes" is a better way to go. One obvious major drawback with glow and diesel is the time spent controlling the mess...especially when time comes to patch up the planes.
I'm curious now and will make a point of looking into the details about what you guys are flying..