RCU Forums - View Single Post - "3D Waiver"?
Thread: "3D Waiver"?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 09:56 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How about a "3D Waiver"?

rw Guinn

I always love it when someone like CAPtain232 lambasts the EC as making too much money. You would think that any AMA member would know that they are elected UNPAID volunteers.

CAPtain232

If you take the time to read some of the threads in this forum, you can find out exactly who I am... but, knowing reading is not your long suit, from the misinformation you posted... I am an AMA member. I am a CD and a Leader Member. I have no other affiliation with the AMA. I have no interest in holding any position with the AMA.

I think the EC made a mistake in the wording of Rule 9. I think that their intent is admirable.. to make sites safer. I believe that requiring seperation between aircraft and people will get the desired results. I am not against any form of aeromodeling. I am against any activity that produces a safety hazard. If you put your aircraft far enough away, you can do anything you want with it, as far as I am concerned. It amazes me that almost every sector of the hobby is thinking that the rule was aimed at them. You should see some of the posts from the heli guys. They want to be able to continue to "mow the grass" and are positive that the rule was aimed directly at them. Even the park flyers think the rule was aimed at their under 2 pound planes, to keep them from tail touching.

My position is simple. I do not want to see any modeler hurt by an accident that could have been avoided. If you can live with yourself if you seriously hurt someone else, or kill them, your not my kind of modeler.

What some fail to realize, is that clubs are going to enforce the Safety Code as a part of their AMA charter. To do otherwise is to put the club and it's members at risk of having their insurance not cover an accident. The same is true at AMA sanctioned events, where ever they might be held.

I am sick to death of seeing different sectors of the hobby pointing at each other, saying "His sector is more dangerous than mine". The park flyers, sport flyers, freestyle (3D), warbirds, pylon, heli, jet guys all point at each other and they all point at the newbie. Remember, when you point at someone else, you have three fingers pointing back at yourself, and this goes for the EC too. I can't understand why these EC members want to give of themselves like they do. They make mistakes and they try to fix them. They are human. They are individuals, not a group sitting around dreaming up things to make modelers lives miserable.

Read some of the threads in this forum or the jet forum. These guys formed a Special Interest Group (SIG). They are SLOWLY getting what they want. This is the way the AMA works. If you want to do something useful, start a SIG or support forming one for Freestyle.

We are all in this together. Remember it.

JR