RCU Forums - View Single Post - Leopard 1s
Thread: Leopard 1s
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 08:48 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Work progresses on the Leopard 1 builds. Ive been digging into the new in box kits for the necessary parts as I move forward. It feel strange building a kit this old and rare. The remote motorized Leopard has the receipt in it from 1982. I sure paid dearly for this kit. I was sad to find though that it had a plastic chassis, plastic arms, and plastic sprockets as well as the transmission, while it has dual motors, they are tiny hobby motors. Totally useless for RC. So I got a salvaged metal clutch drive chassis to supplant in this kit build and use the kit parts to overhual the chassis for its worn and missing parts. I also had to manufacture my own metal brackets for the arm stops as they were aparantly missing from the chassis.
Im starting to settle in on the tanks Im going to build. Im going to build a random strange A3 that has no side skirts, tool boxes, and a profile barrel with a oddball stowage compartment on the rear of the turret instead of the standard known type. Leopard 1 experts were unable to indentify the tank when I posted it but its likely Danish or Austrailian early model, maybe a prototype.
I am leaning toward making one an A3 in Aussie livery as well.
The last will be an early round turret model from some random EU country I havent decided on yet.
When I get my Hooben A5 Im leaning toward doing it as a Canadian C2 circa early 2000s pre Mexas.