RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~SIG Brotherhood ~~
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 06:25 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts
Default News flash: SIG as we know it is no more!

I just received the latest email newsletter from Old School Models here is an excerpt:

Secondly, our supply of CA hinges has dried up and it’s taken a bit of time a negotiation to find a substitute. I’ve found another supplier that I hope will be a good replacement.

But the biggest problem has been the loss of Sig Mfg. There's a lot of rumors going around as to what's going on with them - well I can tell you that as of 1/31, they have ceased all manufacturing and what's left will be an importer of ARF kits, moving somewhere up in the Chicago area. That's a shame, as there's a massive history and knowledge base that's apparently going to be lost. As you may or may not know, I purchase a good deal of items from Sig which are included in our own kits. Some wood, landing gear (music) wire, nose gear assemblies, etc. Their shutdown has sent me scrambling to find other suppliers. I'm well on the way to solving some of these, but let's just say it's taking ALL of my free time to make sure things are still shipping on time.