RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tower Hobbies Uproar 40 build
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 02:27 AM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default covering repair - patches

The Red Uproar had accumulated several packing tape patches over the last couple of years. While I had no worries about the tape patches. They work just fine. They surely don't look very well. Even though I did not do a good job of documenting with photo's, here is a few low quality pics. There was also one on the back of the fuse.

In this picture you can see the four holes in the wing after removing the tape. heck the hole in the left wing near the tip and aileron I poked into the stupid thing getting ready to fix the other holes. I had already patched the fuse..

A close up ....

Three of the holes patched. You can see the "stitches" that I put across the hole using strips of covering upside down attached to the inside using Top Flight Trim Solvent. I did a detail post on this earlier in this thread on this same plane. Of course, for now, all those pictures are gone.

patches complete

needless to say, the old plane shows it's battle scars but at least it has a little more class versus the ugliness of packing tape patches....