RCU Forums - View Single Post - What radio are you using and why?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 06:39 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
I am very suspicious of system upgrades. And I'm not a fan of touch screens.
If your radio system is working perfectly and reliability:
1. Why upgrade? The system works as you need.
2. What are the risks of the upgrade? Did the manufacturer test it in every possible combination of set ups, or are they counting on you to be the Beta tester?

I'm a Jeti user and I don't run the latest firmware. I tried it and didn't like it and went back to the version before. Jeti has had many upgrades over the years, but the pace of them issuing upgrades has slowed to a crawl. Most upgrades seem to be for receivers, with the Assist series getting the most changes. Once you get it right, there is no need to change.
PowerBox looks like an awesome, very well made system and it may become the top radio system in the future, if they continue to develop it. But, many upgrades will be issued along the way.
Funny, are you not describing what you’re actually seeing with Jeti and the current software? “Upgrade” or “Update” there’s a difference. Update you’re updating your already installed system with potential programming bug fixes, or refinements. “Upgrade” you’re adding new functionality or features. So as you’re saying once you get it right, you see less and less upgrades and now only seeing updates adding new firmware for new devices…. That’s what is going on with Jeti. With the DC24 Gen II it looks like it’s all new programming, looking forward to seeing the DS24 Gen II, will finally be time to upgrade my DS16 G1.