RCU Forums - View Single Post - What radio are you using and why?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 04:14 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
I am very suspicious of system upgrades. And I'm not a fan of touch screens.
If your radio system is working perfectly and reliability:
1. Why upgrade? The system works as you need.
2. What are the risks of the upgrade? Did the manufacturer test it in every possible combination of set ups, or are they counting on you to be the Beta tester?

I'm a Jeti user and I don't run the latest firmware. I tried it and didn't like it and went back to the version before. Jeti has had many upgrades over the years, but the pace of them issuing upgrades has slowed to a crawl. Most upgrades seem to be for receivers, with the Assist series getting the most changes. Once you get it right, there is no need to change.
PowerBox looks like an awesome, very well made system and it may become the top radio system in the future, if they continue to develop it. But, many upgrades will be issued along the way.
Wow, Jeti has had maybe 1 firmware that needed to be modified a few days later….and that was at the beginning like 2013/14, they have been very good at releasing good firmware…as a mature system they don’t release as many as before, I mean you got fix wing, helicopter, drone, and just a TX for what ever like boats or whatever….and they been working on their next edition…the other is most of the improvement especially at the beginning we’re coming from users….unlike all the other manufacturers

The only drawback with Jeti which is also very good for most, is they have been upgrading the firmware, while still having the older device and receiver compatible….that sort of limit expansion. And that’s except for the 900 and 900NG.