RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF REBEL 2m
Thread: CARF REBEL 2m
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 02:25 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

My Rebel was 8#s lighter than my first T-1 2.2 meter. I used the T-1's OEM wire harness "as found." On the second T-1, I cut all the wires to the exact length needed. Now the Rebel is just slightly <7#s lighter. I have a K160 in the T-1 and a K142 in the Rebel. Cutting all the wires to the shortest usable length matters! Cutting the wires did change the CG a bit. But all it took to fix that was moving one battery a couple inches forward and I could have easily lived with it w/o moving the battery. There is still some extra wire in the Rebel. But it flies so great, I don't want to even mess with it.

Both of these planes fly and land great! No white thumbs on their flights! It is just the Rebel is a little bit easier to pick up off the ground and carry to and from the startup pads. I will say though, the T-1 is built like a tank when compared to the Rebel, and the T-1 will take a lickin' and keep on tickin', ... right up until you forget the wing bolts. (Long story, ... But the short of it is; Don't setup and fly when you are running events!)