RCU Forums - View Single Post - Centurion update
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 06:16 AM
Crius

Received 315 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebellion13
Gary, maybe yours was dropped from 12' 1"
Back in the day I got to be pretty good friends with one of the guys at imex so my tanks always received special attention and I never had any problems. Some of you guys might not remember this but I actually got the very first jagdtiger that was shipped in North america. That was because of my relationship with Erik and Bill, the owner. They came out about 2 weeks earlier over in europe, but those tanks came with zinc gearboxes whereas mine came with the newest black steel ball bearing gearboxes, as did all of the tanks shipped from imex.

Now, me shipping tanks is a different story. When I sold my Mato all-metal P3 I sent it out to California and when it got there the tank had shifted in the Box and pushed the barrel of the tank right through the front of the radio. Believe it or not, this had no effect on function. Everything worked just the way it was supposed to, except there was a hole in the front of the radio. The buyer was pretty cool about it and accepted the tank anyway, but it was definitely a learning experience for me. You absolutely cannot pack tanks too carefully. If there's any way to screw up a box, ups, fedex, or USPS will definitely find it.