RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF REBEL 2m
Thread: CARF REBEL 2m
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 01:18 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

The setup for the wing failure was 3 interruptions over a 1.5 hr period. I had to leave the main event area, go to the other flightline and resolve an issue down there. Then I had to go back down to the RC car track to keep the support staff from "killing" a few folks. Then, I had some spectator *****in' at me for something that I can't even remember what his beef was. So, after 1.5 hrs, I finished (well almost finished) putting the plane together. I did a lot of acro, and it all went really well for about 6 minutes! No matter how much you pay for them, they don't fly well w/o wings? With a couple hundred spectators watching, all you can say is: Oh Well! I violated my own cardinal rule (i.e. Never fly at my own events!) just to keep a plane in the airspace for spectators. For some reason, even with 37 jet guys onsite, there was quite a lull on one of the not so busy days. So now for these slower days, the jets get built a day before the event and put in storage. That seems to work better, ... so far! Enough of this whining! Let's get back to Rebel stuff.
The following users liked this post:
Skunkwrks (02-22-2023)