RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF REBEL 2m
Thread: CARF REBEL 2m
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 09:53 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
The setup for the wing failure was 3 interruptions over a 1.5 hr period. I had to leave the main event area, go to the other flightline and resolve an issue down there. Then I had to go back down to the RC car track to keep the support staff from "killing" a few folks. Then, I had some spectator *****in' at me for something that I can't even remember what his beef was. So, after 1.5 hrs, I finished (well almost finished) putting the plane together. I did a lot of acro, and it all went really well for about 6 minutes! No matter how much you pay for them, they don't fly well w/o wings? With a couple hundred spectators watching, all you can say is: Oh Well! I violated my own cardinal rule (i.e. Never fly at my own events!) just to keep a plane in the airspace for spectators. For some reason, even with 37 jet guys onsite, there was quite a lull on one of the not so busy days. So now for these slower days, the jets get built a day before the event and put in storage. That seems to work better, ... so far! Enough of this whining! Let's get back to Rebel stuff.
I had something similar happen to me years ago, fortunately it was not one of my jets. Did you forget the wing retention bolts?