RCU Forums - View Single Post - lets admit it, this hobby would be doomed.
Old 03-13-2023, 06:12 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Clean
I remember hearing the same squawking when Tower came on the scene. For that matter, Pelletiers and Sears were squawking about K-Mart. Then Sears/K-Mart were squawking about Walmart even though they undercut the mom and pop shops. Everybody bemoans the loss of mom and pop shops up to the fact of actually buying anything at one. Nobody in the 1st world will work for anything less then a steak dinner per hour so many don't work and wait for their government assigned free items each month. 3rd world slave driven countries 5 year olds fight for a chance to work so they can eat something.
My biggest problem is all the money we spend on Astrophysics, Astronomy and the sciences of getting us to the stars. The stars are better off without us.
I, too, do not all the spending on understanding the Big Bang or chasing down the god particle or even quantum physics. It's all a big "so what" to me. However, I see nothing wrong with commercial ventures trying to get us to Mars or even back to the moon. Without the spending on the "Space race" we would have smart phones. Or a 32mz 😎

Last edited by rgburrill; 03-13-2023 at 06:15 AM.