RCU Forums - View Single Post - thrust line on sea planes
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 06:07 AM
jmb52760

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I am a lifelong model and full-scale aircraft person who is mostly into Classic Pattern. After a bit of a layoff from RC for, reasons, I am jumping back in. I'm assembling the Sebart Macchi Castoldi MC 72 ARF. I am a boater (21 ft Glastron with 5 liter Volvo Penta) and it will be fun to fly out of the coves while we are out having fun with the grandkids this summer.

I noticed a significant up thrust line built into the engine mount frames. Not being a Seaplane person, I suspected that this was due to the reasons cited in this thread but I wanted to make sure. It didn't seem likely that there was an error as the ARF is outstanding in design and build quality. Thank You Jim for providing that answer. It has been here waiting for me for ten years. I hope you are doing well.

If there is interest here, I can post details of the assembly and the equipment chosen and then provide updates when I get her flying. Sharing the experience on RCU has been enjoyable for me in the past as I have done a few build threads in Classic Pattern. It keeps me motivated.

If no interest, then farewell and enjoy the hobby.

Mitch