RCU Forums - View Single Post - TopRCModel FW-190
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 04:30 PM
planenutzz

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

managed to get a little time in last night when it was a bit cooler.
Have added brackets to mount the cockpit floor to. There is an accurate panel line on the outside of the fuz which according to my ref materials is close to the floor level.
I have used this as the reference point as it places the floor just above the rudder & tail wheel cables and that servo.
Luckily I could see the line through the fiberglass material on the inside which made a very simple job of marking some pencil lines. That wa safter i spent an hour or so working out how far down using bit of cardboard as a guide. I was very close with that method thoughName:  smiley20.gif
Views: 1312
Size:  716 Bytes

The brackets are just tack glued with CA at present and will get Hysol top and bottom once I am 100% happy with placement.
I'll make a template out of stiff cardboard that I will then use for placement of seat, joystick, side panels etc.
Jiri Pre will make the scale bits for the floor based on those measurements.

My aim is to make the cockpit removable in parts so I can access the cables and servo under the floor.

Seat will be held on with a couple of bits of velcro, side panels I am not sure but possibly thin velcro strips sitting on some brackets that are glued to the fuz side wall.

Floor will be in 2 pieces, front which is about level with the instrument panel and will have the peddles attached and the rear section which will have all the other bits.
Joystick most likely need to be removable somehow as well. With some luck and planning I can remove the floor then for access underneath.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-19_192749_wulf_13.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2272627