RCU Forums - View Single Post - Remote ID Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 02:48 PM
Herald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Remote ID Questions

Hey folks!
I'm new to all of this. I've been flying for about one season. I really enjoy the hobby, and I'm excited to acquire some more aircraft and transmitters for both my son and I. Obviously, Remote ID weighs heavily on my purchasing decisions. I really don't know much about how this is all supposed to work operationally. We live in a place with no AMA club field, and we just go to a public soccer field with about 10 other pilots every Sunday. There's no runway, but as far as I can tell, everyone complies with the FAA registration regulations and many, including myself, are AMA members. It's not even an AMA recognized club, just a collection of people with interests in flying RC aircraft.
As such, we don't really qualify to be registered as a FRIA, which means I'll have to somehow make my larger aircraft compliant with Remote ID. A quick google search returns a few solutions for drones, but I don't really see anything for RC aircraft such as the E-Flite UMX Radian, or the the Carbon Cub, for examples.

Does anyone know of any out-of-the-box add on modules that would make such aircraft compliant with the upcoming Remote ID rules? I guess I just expected that manufacturers such as Spektrum would start rolling out new transmitters, recivers, ESCs, etc, that I would just replace certain components in my arsenal, and I'd be compliant. That does not appear to be the case, so how do I do this?

Thanks for everyone's help!
-Herald