RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rebel Hot by Comp Arf
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 05:27 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by LewisE1
Currently putting together a ARF plus version, and noticed that carf have mounted the thrust tube with a small amount of down thrust, which means I will need to pack my turbine to centre it, its a xicoy 85 so the mount is on the centre line, I had one before which I mounted the thrust tube and turbine all on the centre line and it flew great, I have looked through the posts here and I can't see any packed turbines, anyone else have a arf and noticed this ??? Dave W says they should have a small amount of down thrust so pack it, but just curious what you guys have noticed ?
Hi.
I have the same setup, X90 & CARF pipe in my Rebel Hot. The turbine is bolted flat to the wood framing. The pipe sits on the back supports without modifications. I screwed the pipe bell to the former (bulkhead) so it was centered on the turbine exhaust nozzle. It appears that the thrust line is parallel with the fuselage center axis.
It flies perfectly.
It is hard to say if you will have the same experience, since there seems to be minor variations in construction from the CARF factory.

Best regards-