RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 03-29-2023, 06:05 PM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

That's a Fluffy White dog, Purty.
The pups been doing pretty good, and of course by pup I mean 1 year old that's been fostered for a while. Been working on getting the older Boston used to her. Pups don't know personal space. Neither does this 8 year old Boston who just learned how much SHE likes. He older brother passed 2 winters ago and he was a Take what you want kinda guy.
Fiona, seems to have moved in well though I think I'm going to have to move to the couch instead of my recliner because lap dog, she isn't.

A little bit later, after a trip to get a drink of water, my Boston decided to reclaim her spot. Fiona came back, saw Lucy in her spot then decided to look out the window behind my chair. Then she stuck her nose over the arm, then a leg and before you know it, It was kinda hard to breath. My wife opened her office door and everybody was up the stairs while I was writhing in pain from being the pad the missles launched off of.

Later, we were playing fetch in the backyard. Lucy's favorite game. I'll have to go outside with only her to let her play more of it. But for now she's happy with watching Fiona run and get the ball or pull toy and then halfway back she'll try to nibble her ears while they run around in circle playing keepaway tag. Eventually Fiona turns around and chases Lucy back over to me WHERE she drops the toy, I throw the toy and it all started again. They're both downstairs on the bed right now, trying not to be the first to pass out.
I do have my bedroom door open and we spent about 30 minutes eyeballing the cat, or more importantly, the cats food in front of the cat. There was some growling/hissing from the cat. It calmed down and now that she's left the cat is eating her food. Gonna try to have her out of her kennel tonight. Not much use having a guard dog that's all kenneled up although her woof ought to give people pause. I had to work on the chickens and their retaining fence today while she was trapped inside. Because when I didn't trap her she opened the gate and chased the chickens. Not to hurt them, but the same way she plays with the Boston. The chickens, didn't understand. Didn't hurt egg production much though there were a couple eggs in the runs that we're busted. Guess when you're going to run, carrying an egg between your knees goes out the window. Still, got 16 today. Not bad.
Better yet, end of the day I got the hingeline on my ARF Nobler's tail figured out. Hinge slots were too tight and the joiner Control horn hardware I bought to replace the factory not soldered right assy years ago, was just a tad too wide. Had to come upstairs to find my vaseline. Tomorrow I'll lube the joints, lube the hingeline and mix up some 30 minute, get it done. Only 4 days of Puppy delay. Better then I'd hoped.
This is totally not Keep Away. Laying on the other dogs ball while chewing on your bone. She put it down then stretched out ever so casually and picked the bone up.